“Las Casas del Camino Real de Fasnia” are an ancient rural estate built in the seventeenth century, which is seated at the foot of what was once the main route of communication for the people of the south of the island: the old stone paved Royal Route “Camino Real de Piedra”.
This remarkable Tenerife Rural Mansion which has its access through the typical embattled and cross crowned large canary farm entrance, consists of a main house built in 1648 by the Delgado Mejías family and a number of secondary units of agricultural character ranging from an old tobacco dryer, to a winery, stables and warehouses.
The set is one of the best examples of traditional Canarian architecture in the south of the island of Tenerife.
This Tenerife rural mansion is situated at 380m above the sea level, in a particularly deserted and quiet area.
The whole building has benefited from an excellent reconstruction work carried out in 2010 under the guidance of Mr. Pepe Sanchez, architect, and has been recognized by the Cabildo of Tenerife with The Tenerife Landscape Award in its second edition.
Today, the estate has become a magnificent rural hotel of solids and thick stone walls, with excellent views over the Atlantic Ocean and unforgettable starry skies.
The pictures used in this article have been extracted from the hotel´s website and from Rincones del Atlántico.