La Casa del Vino (The wine house), is a project of the Tenerife Cabildo (Island Council), which operates since 1992, date on which began the restoration of the large Tenerife rural property on which it is located, in order to communicate and to reinforce the value of Tenerife´s wide wine culture and its extensive winemaking tradition.
In some way it is a kind of alternative restaurant where the most important part of its success is related to the easy going way in which things are done, the warm atmosphere that it encloses and the nice combination of jazz, bossa nova and other evolving and exiting music that one usually hears there.
Owned by the family García Farráis since they established it in 1977, the winery is part of a long family project linked to viticulture ever since they planted their first vineyards in 1914, in their terroir in the Orotava Valley.
This traditional and renowned restaurant in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, frequented both by business men, but, as well, by couples and friends celebrating special occasions, is in its own right one of the best restaurants in Tenerife.
Bodega Balcón de la Laguna, which would translate as La Laguna´s Balcony Winery, is run by Manuel Capote, a passionate winemaker and co-owner. The winery is located in the outskirts of La Laguna on the way to the Mountain of Las Mercedes in Anaga, and specifically at 270 on Camino de las Mercedes.